Dissociation 101: The go-to guide for understanding your dissociative disorder, breaking the stigma, and healing from trauma-related dissociation.
Guided by psychologist Jamie Marich—a trauma-informed clinician living with a dissociative disorder herself—this book tells you everything you need to know about dissociation...but were too afraid to ask.
Here, you’ll learn:
• What dissociation is—and why it’s a natural response to trauma
• How to understand and work with your “parts”—the unique emotional and behavioral profiles that can develop from personality fragmentation
• There’s nothing shameful about dissociating—that, in fact, we can all dissociate
• Skills and strategies for living your best, authentic, and most fulfilled life
• What to look for in a therapist: choosing a healer who sees you and gets it
• Foundational elements of healing from trauma, including PTSD and C-PTSD
With practical guided exercises like “The Dissociative Profile” and “Parts Mapping,” this book is written for those diagnosed with dissociative disorders, clinicians and therapists who treat trauma and dissociation, and listeners who are exploring whether they may have dissociative symptoms or a condition like dissociative identity disorder (DID). Dissociation Made Simple breaks it all down accessibly and comprehensively, with empowerment and support—and without stigma, judgment, or shame.
(Tags : Dissociation Made Simple: A Stigma-Free Guide to Embracing Your Dissociative Mind and Navigating Daily Life (Unabridged) Jamie Marich & Jaime Pollack - foreword Audiobook, Jamie Marich & Jaime Pollack - foreword Audio CD )